Saturday, October 6, 2007

Lazy Saturday


I love days when you have nothing planned, it seems in this crazy life those days are few, but this year we have really tried to keep a sabbath as many of you know from Dan's weekly update! So I won't spoil all the exciting things we did. But it was so nice because I kind of got to sleep in today! At least I was in bed until 8am!!!! I was not sleeping because the kids (Zeke) is very loud, but at least I was warm and snuggly in bed! Then we drank coffee, wrestled, built forts and just hung out together. Sofia had her morning nap and Dan suggested we watch a fun movie with Zeke. For your information the only movie Zeke likes is Cars. So we said any movie except that one, he chose Beauty and the Beast, I love this movie! It was my favorite movie in 6th grade and I know all the songs, Dan loved this since of course I sang along! Zeke actually enjoyed it until the end when he thought the Beast was dead and he started getting the quivering lip and began to cry a little, it was so sweet and I just held him and told him that the spell was broken and the beast is ok! Sorry if you have not seen it and I ruined it for you! Anyway it was so nice to relax. Then we began going through Zeke's old clothes because we know two people who are having boys in a couple of months and we wanted to hand them Zeke's clothes. This was so sad for me, looking through Zeke's tiny preemie outfits and blankets, made me miss those crazy exhausting times! Anyway it was good but so emotional for me. We figured people gave us so much when he was a baby we should pass on the love. I kept about three little outfits just to have, I feel good about the process. Dan is always wanting to clean sweep me and my things, and we often go toe to toe on quite a few things. But this was a good thing and I am so pleased to help someone else because lets face it, kids clothes are expensive! So this was our non planned Saturday, yay for time at home together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Zeke got teary over the Beast, what a sweet boy! Jonah's response probably would've been, "Why'd he do that?" It's his general go to question for anything intriguing.

Melissa said...

I love Sofia's toes, they are precious!