Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back seat driver


(This picture has nothing to do with the post, these are just my signature post pictures because they are stinking hilarious!)

So I guess I am getting a taste of my own medicine. I admit up until about a year ago I was a horrible back seat (passenger seat) driver. I would always and still do tell Dan to slow down or watch out. I would grab the dashboard for dear life like my mom and sister do in an anxious fashion. So it is coming back to haunt me through my son. If you know Zeke he talks a lot!!! He always has an opinion and lets you know if you are doing something wrong. He tells me to go faster, to slow down, to go the speed limit, don't drive on the dirt, watch out for the curb, don't run the yellow light, your sposed to slow down on yellow! Then he goes into the rules of driving, Mama remember green you go, yellow you slow down, and red you stop ok mama. Other rules include, going fast on the bump (speed bumps), use your windshield wipers, honk your horn if someone is going to slow, did you get on the grass a little bit mama? Our driveway curves and I admit sometimes the tires brushed some grass, and each time Zeke knows and points it out. It is funny most of the time, but there are times when I get tired of being bossed around. I admit I pay attention to driving a lot more because I know I am going to get a comment about it if I slip up! He keeps me on my toes that is for sure! He also knows his way around town better than I do, if he knows where we are going and I go a different way he will let me know I am wrong and off path. Good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eden is a back seat driver too. It drives me nuts. I love when she tries to tell me how to drive or park. I am like, "listen little girl, you have no idea what you are talking about!!!" But, it is probably payback as well, I always freak out when Jeff drives!

jess mac said...

Agatha always tells me to get off the phone because she learned on the internet safety patrol that cell phone use is dangerous. I love it!

lovemyguys said...

Robbie once asked Aunt Krista "Why are there only idiots on the road when you and my mom drive?"

Melissa said...

The other day Zach said "GO DUDE!". Bill Cosby was right, kids do say the darndest things.

Anonymous said...

I feel like you just blogged on Jonah. He CONSTANTLY quotes the speed limits to me and repeatedly asks how fast I'm driving like every 20 seconds. It drives me batty.

trisha loves to paint said...

oh that's to funny!!! especially leslie's comment about eden too!! i see what i have to look forward to!