Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I love Jimmy





Don't worry I still love my husband most of all, I was speaking of the band Jimmy eat world!! If you read my husbands blog you know we went to go see them last night at the Wiltern in LA. First of all the Wiltern is so beautiful and cool. It was built in 1932 and it has all of this cool filigree (Karen how do you spell that?) all over the place. Anyway I was very impressed usually we see a show at a ghetto location with a dirty building, this was a pleasant surprise! And we had cool comfortable seats, yes I am old, I like to have the option to sit while at a concert. I am way past the age where it is fun to stand squished on the floor next to 21 year old boys and girls who can finally order a beer at a show and thrash around uncontrollably! Don't get me wrong I will absolutely subject myself to that, but for only a select few bands, U2 always and forever, Jimmy eat World, The Killers, and Death Cab. There may be a few others you could talk me into.
Anyway Jimmy is so amazing, they sounded great and just put on a darn good show! My favorite of the evening was 23 off of the Futures album. They played some from the Clarity album like, crush, Blister, and For me this is heaven (can you still feel the butterflies is what I call it).
And I have to give love to Karen and Steve I can't think of anyone I would rather see Jimmy or U2 with than you guys. We love you.
Even though I am getting older and more cranky about shows, I still love to go and feel the energy in the place and how the music moves you to get up and dance. We were in the balcony and you could feel the whole floor bend and move with everyone as we danced! I love that music can do that for you, it has been a while, thanks Jimmy.

3 comments:

Hubs said...

U2 - favorite band since 6th grade. They might be the reason my husband and I are married ;) Hmmm... I know Nate has some Jimmy but let me just be honest and say that the Ipod is stuck on old stuff and the only new place I have gone in about 3 years is Imogen. I have some catching up to do....

Penny Lane said...

Concerts are awesome! Jimmy is fantastic! And the Wiltern is a great theater! Glad you guys have a fun night out in the big city!

Anonymous said...

Call me 34, but I also think that a concert is meant to be enjoyed from a comfortable seat as well. Sometimes the sweaty, scantily clad crowd is enticing, but then, no, I like my seat and my own sweat. Miss you!