Thursday, September 13, 2007

Target is finally turning green!!


How excited was I when cruising through Target with the kids and I saw biodegradable diapers and wipes!!! We use g diapers for Sofia with cloth inside of them, because they are a little on the expensive side to use. We use the disposable g diaper at night and then cloth during the day. Dan and I have been saying for months why don't huggies and pampers produce biodegradable diapers, shame on them for making diapers that don't break down for 500 years!
Target now has these new diapers called Nature baby care, which are $9.49 for a pack of 40. I checked and pampers were $9.49 for a pack of 48. That is not a bad price for a difference of 8 less diapers! And the wipes were comperable (sp?) also. Now in my opinion you have no excuse if you buy diapers to not at least try biodegradable ones! So do it moms and dads!

12 comments:

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

That's great! I just ordered my starter pack of gdiapers for Luke. I can't wait to get them! Thanks for the tip on wipes - I'll go get some today.

Topherspoon said...

Yeah well, I Just came from our Super Target and didn't see them. Are they in a different spot or are they next to the Pampers and Huggies?

Anonymous said...

HI there

My name is Jason Graham-Nye and I am the CEO of gDiapers. Thanks so much for using them.
It is terrific to see Nature Baby biodegradable wipes back. I wanted to clear up one common misconception.
Nature Baby diapers are not in fact biodegradable. Their own site says they are 60% biodegradable which is a great start.
The brand was in Whole Foods and the like two or so years ago before they were forced out of the market because they did claim biodegradability.
I think it is terrific though that these kinds of products are getting mass acceptance.

Cheers

Jason
dad/ CEO
gDiapers

Alyssa said...

Thanks Jason for clearing that up, I saw a sign and just assumed it was for the diapers also, but the wipes I bought are 100% biodegradable. We'll just have to keep telling everyone to use g diapers only!

bsavall said...

Thanks for the post about the Nature baby products at target.

Maybe yourself or the other poster from gdiapers can answer some questions for me. If I go to the nature baby website, it currently says that their diapers are 100% compostable. But it does not mention biodegradable. I understand that the super absorbent polymer (SAP) used in ALL disposable diapers is not truly biodegradable, but is compostable.

Gdiapers also use a type of SAP as well. So I am not trying to pit one product over another, nor play word games. So are gdiapers and nature baby diapers equally compostable? Are gdiapers and nature baby diapers equally biodegradable?

Brad

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hm... bookmarked thread ))

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.