Thursday, September 27, 2007

How did I get poop on my knee?????


What an afternoon! So lately Sofia has made eating time unbearable, she has always sucked her thumb while eating her afternoon veggies and her cereal. But now along with the thumb sucking she uses her free hand to grab the spoon and push it away, thush causing food to be even more places than before. Her bottle time after that has always been a clam time which I love. We sit in the rocking chair and watch Zeke play in the backyard. But now she is constantly sitting up pushing the bottle away, grabbing it, throwing herself back into me. It is no longer calm and peaceful. Well today as we were lurching back and forth Zeke came running inside yelling"watch out mama I gotta poop!" He ran into the bathroom only to return very shortly half naked and say "I got poop on my knee" I think my reply was "what the heck, how did that happen" He of course did not know. So Sofia and I walk in, (I am still feeding her at this point) and investigate the situation. From the evidence left in the bathroom I can only conclude that Zeke kind of made it to the toilet, kind of didn't. So somewhere in that chaos, poop ended up on the knee and many other fun places I got to clean! Oh the joys of being a mom, why couldn't this have happened just a few short hours later when Dan was home! I guess it will be another fun story to add to his journal that he can read years from now!

4 comments:

Nathan, Amanda, Violet and Anara said...

I love blogging about poop. Sometimes I wonder if my readers (uh...grandparents) get tired of reading about it. But, when you have two young children it is a very common and hilarious topic. Great poop blog.

Nathan, Amanda, Violet and Anara said...

I forgot to mention that mealtimes with Anara are misery. Seriously, she is the most horrible eater. We often result to force-feeding which is rough on the whole family - I hope it's a stage :(

Anonymous said...

At least it wasn't, "how'd I get poop on my face?"

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

Ahhh... kids and poop.