Sunday, September 23, 2007

Just call me America's Next top Model (p.s I love that show!)

Recently I have been trying to wear make-up again. I took a short haitus from it with a new baby and all. ( not that I wore it that often before Sofia) But my friend Trish was here last weekend and I said can you teach me to put it on right??? THis morning as I was trying to remember her tips as I applied my eye shadow I thought back to my first meeting with make-up. I think I was in 8th grade and I wanted to wear make-up so bad, so my mom ordered me this Jafra eye shadow compact, the colors were all purples, not kidding. Anyway she showed me how to put it on and I think I wore it for a week and thought it was too much work. I still had that eyeshadow when I graduated high school. I just relied on my sister to do my make-up for mid-winters and Proms! Anyway then about 6 years ago my best friend Annette was making tons of money doing Mary Kay :) and so she taught me again how to apply the make-up. Now this time it stuck I was 23 at the time, and I began wearing make-up almost everyday!
Fast forward to today when I wear make-up for church and work. But I have to admit when I know I will be staying at home or only running out to Trader Joes for some fruit and hummus, the idea of apply three different colors of eye shadow and curling my lashes sounds ridiculous! BUt since last weekend I wore make-up 4 days this week. ( Trish I have been using my brushes!) Of course I am still using my revlon eyeshadow from CHristmas, it was in my stocking, but I say hey work with what ya got right. Anyway here I am almost 30 and I am still learning to wear make-up! Good thing Dan loves me al natural! Just some random thoughts today about how in style and hip I am. Am I too old to apply for America's Next Top Model?

7 comments:

JennO said...

Purple I love Purle eye shadow :)

Cheers to the new realm of exploration!

Anonymous said...

Smarty Pants

escamillaweddings said...

hey im 28 and i suck at make-up too! but part of me has a strong dislike for the idea of make-up in general. stupid society telling us what to do. bah!

im waiting to save up a bit and get some of those pricey natural mineral type of kits and go to the store and have them teach me what to do. that'll be a few weeks away at least.

ellieherrity said...

i go through makeup cycles, too. but i've got you beat. i'm 31 and still suck at makeup. i watch 'what not to wear' and try and pick up on the makeup tips, but it never seems to look like it does on tv. that, and i'd rather sleep for those 15 minutes.

trisha loves to paint said...

i'm so proud of you, my lil make up baby!!! i'll give you another lesson soon!

Hubs said...

I have been making resolutions to start wearing makeup (other than church) since my 1st daughter was born. I am terrible. Many times my husband comes home to me exactly the way I was 9 hours before when he left - shameful I know.
Amanda

jess mac said...

We HAVE to go shopping for some mac eyeshadow! It is the Jimmy Choos of eyeshadow. You'll never turn back