Wednesday, September 12, 2007

ball of stress, that is my nickname

It is so hard not to worry. I feel like it is in my nature to be a constant ball of stress and worry. To be consumed with the what ifs of this crazy world. I need so much help to turn this around, to start over and trust God to take control. It is so easy to say God will take care of it and he is in control. But the truth is that he is in control and his idea of a good plan is not always fun and easy. In fact it just might suck and be really hard. I guess what I need is to be ok with that. My husband who seriously saves me from going crazy told me to read Luke 12 this morning. I did and Jesus said these simple words which we have heard a thousand times, but I really needed to hear again. " Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows"
I don't want to be afraid and stressed out all the time, I want to rest in the truth of his love for me. Thats all, just sharing my struggle of a life time with ya all.

4 comments:

Kathy-Ri said...

Hey girl, I 100% understand the "stress take over my life" thing...I am so guilty of that too...I constantly have to have Jon remind me that it will be okay...it always is...right? So, why do we let ourselves get to this point? um, i know i do it cuz i forget to think and/pray about it before i let it take over...its silly, but its so easy to let "anything" stress me out...its a choice to not let it...and thats where i struggle...i will pray for your stressed out brain...let me know if there is anything i can specifically pray for or anything i can do...laughter is always a wonderful cure to crap...so try to not stress too much mrs. lance...this too, shall pass!

escamillaweddings said...

you might appreciate this...

i actually find it a bit of a suprise that you're such the self-proclaimed worrier. i look at you and i see this amazing mom/wife/friend who seems to know how to interact and react to all the stressful moments appropriately. i look up to you for that. you, my friend, are an amazing woman and i thank God you are in my life...though i wish you were in it more often (we will work on that - oh yes we will!) :)

i know this won't make you worry any less, but i just felt like sharing.

love you!

MamaSue said...

Rest up, dear Alyssa. In a short 12 years Zeke'll be driving. I promise, you ain't seen NOTHING yet! Meanwhile, I'm glad Nick Vujicic is coming back soon. We all need a dose of him, don't we?

jess mac said...

i'm with you girl, anxiety is my foe.