Saturday, November 17, 2007

redding trip

The last few days were spent in Redding looking for a place for us to live when we move. It was such an awesome trip, God provided for us in so many ways! The first day we went to two place and the second one was love at first sight! We had heard about this town home and I had high hopes for it and it far exceded what I expected! It is so beautiful and we are getting an amazing deal from a guy that Nate knows from Risen King ( the church we went to while living in Redding). We are so grateful, we feel like it is the perfect fit for our family. THe pre-school we want Zeke to go to was so great, they were so friendly and willing to work with us financially, which was a huge concern for us!
A few days before we left I hurt my neck really badly and sleeping on the hotel pillow made it 100 times worse. I woke up Thursday morning and literally could not get out of bed. Nate called a friend from the Stirring who is a Chiropractor and he got us in right away. HE took x -rays, adjusted me and did not charge us. Today my neck is fianlly moving and the inflmation is going down. It was just amazing how everyone took care of us and was so willing to help meet our needs.
It was exciting driving around planning for our family but also felt lonely and overwhelming. I know God is calling us to go to Redding and that is a comfort to know we are doing what he asks. But that doesn't make it easy to leave. I need to start packing my house up and that freaks me out.
Thansk for praying for us as we were in Redding, God overwhelmed us with his provision for us.

3 comments:

Dana said...

OH Alyssa...I hear all the different emotions coming through. There is so much fun and excitement ahead of you but you are leaving a place that is filled with so many memories and victories and gifts...
you are going to feel so many emotions simultaneously--I hate that personally...my latest lessons in life have to do with that:)
NZ is an incredible story of me not expecting it and it just swept me up and might just be exactly what I wanted. It is just for three months but we will see what is next after that...who knows?! I am SOO excited that you guys will be in Redding!

La Rodriga said...

I'm so glad that God provided the perfect place for you. Every morning I drive by your street, and I would pray for his provision while you guys were in Redding. He is so faithful. How cool that you were able to see a chiropractor for free too!
I understand the moving away emotions too.... and they won't go away instantly. You have to allow yourself to feel them, even if you'd rather secretly leave in the middle of the night and avoid the goodbye's. That's always how I feel, anyhow.
It might take a while for Redding to feel like home, but I look forward to hearing about how it slowly becomes your new home. God always blesses our obedience....

jess mac said...

I am so glad you are finding a home-but I will miss you terribly. When are you packing? Can I come help?