Friday, January 25, 2008

Jesus and legos


Life lessons with Zeke:
So a couple of days ago Zeke and I were in the kitchen and he pointed at this old trivet I have hanging in the kitchen from my Grandma Krull. He asked what it was, so I explained to him and told him about Grandma Krull. He asked where she was and I said she is with Jesus know. He said who is Jesus? (now this is Zeke's new thing, I ask him if he wants some rice and he says who is rice?) So I began to talk about Jesus and what the Bible says he was like while here on earth. How he spent time with the poor and those alone and in need. He healed the sick and loved the lonely. At first he didn't agree, he said no Jesus was a baby. So we continued to talk and later he looked at me and said "mama I think Jesus would share his legos" I said Zeke I think you are right!
I love that he can put it into his own terms and make it make sense in his world.

6 comments:

Old Skool said...

Isn't it cool, in a time of so much theological disagreement and division, Zeke can come up with a statement that all Christ-followers would agree with?

Annie said...

Out of the mouths of babes! What an awesome mother/son moment. I hope this will be the first of many great conversations about Jesus. Please continue to share Zeke's wisdom with us! I better go, it sounds like Payton wishes her brothers were with Jesus right now too...

Topherspoon said...

Two thoughts... 1. The director of studies at my alma mater also volunteers for nursery duty at our church... One day Isaac says that guys cool... he's really good with Legos.
2. I used legos as an illustration in my second to last message to the students we've served for the last six years. Legos are meant to be connected. They are cool by themselves, and it looks cool when there's a whole bunch in one bucket... but they are most fulfilling there purpose when they are connecting with others... kinda like the church.
Sorry for the long comment, theres just alot of lego moments happening along the west coast.

Alyssa said...

That is so funny because Dan just used legos and how they are supposed to be connected as an illustration in his sermon!

Dana said...

First of all--LOVED this story about Zeke. What a great heart your little guy has!

Second of all thanks for the encouragement! It was a great day and after my run and hanging out with a friend just now it helped. Getting centered is never easy, huh?

How are you doing in your Redding Transition/Leaving friends and family move

MamaSue said...

Oh my goodness, Becky White used a legos illustration TWICE this year! Do you teachy people get together and decide what applications you'll be using on the rest of us folks?