Monday, January 7, 2008

Zeke's new favorite pass-time

Zeke is very excited about the fact that we have stairs, he is constantly sliding down them on his stomach and cracking up the whole time. I do not share the same love of the stairs with him. I have forgotten the constant up and down of cleaning up and oh I forgot my glasses or shoes etc. I have begun to make piles at the foot of the stairs so that I do not have to go up and down 50 times a day. We installed some safety gates with doors that open because Sofia is just as enthralled with the stairs as Zeke is.
Zeke began at his new school today and he did great, he goes everyday now and in the afternoon, he has a small class of 10 kids and I am so excited about that. They are much more academic than we are used to but I think it will be great preparation for Kindergarten next fall. What the heck we almost have a kid in elementary school! There are many changes with his new school, including a dress code! As well as he needs a backpack and a folder and he has homework! I think the homework will be great it keeps me diligent in working with him at home which I need.
Last night was the kids and mine first time to the Stirring and it went great. It was definitely overwhelming meeting new people and realizing I have to make new friends and start over! The kids did great and I am so impressed with how Zeke is handling so much change. Thank you Jesus for that! Anyway just wanted to do a quick update and let you know we are surviving and we are thankful for where God has placed us.
love to all our peeps in the 951, miss you all.

6 comments:

MamaSue said...

As a former mama of kids in a house with stairs, I have a suggestion for you. It would be helpful for Sofia to learn how to use stairs properly if you put the baby gate up about 3 steps. That way, she can practice without your being fearful of her tumbling all the way down 14 stairs!
BTW, I'm glad your stairs are enclosed! Ours weren't, and once Robbie climbed up the outside of them, fell off from the very top, and broke his cotton pickin' ankle. He was 14 months old.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about the Zeke man all day today. I'm so glad that he did well at school--he's such a big boy! I love and miss you guys-Karen

escamillaweddings said...

dude! i LOVE going down stairs! haha
my cousins and i use to ride down in sleeping bags (the sleek kind, of course) because we could go down so much faster and not get rug burn. awesome!

love you all!!!!

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

I am so proud to know you and Annette for being the strong women that you both are. Even for someone like me, who is a social butterfly, would hate to leave and make new. You & Annette encourage me for when the time comes. Miss you and Dan so much...Go Lakers...

Dana said...

I am so excited for you and hope that your first full week in Redding is AWESOME!
Zeke sounds like he is doing great...and you sound like you are adjusting good too.

Making new friends all over isn't fun...but you will do it and love it so soon!

Melissa said...

I think I have fallen down our stairs more than my kids have!