Friday, January 4, 2008

Sofia is 1!






The day before we hit the road we had a family party for Sofia. My parents graciously opened their home and did all the work for the party! My mom made yummy tortilla soup and sandwiches, along with our family favorite chocolate mint freeze for dessert. She also made a small cake for Sofia to dive into. (she did not do any diving)
We had both of our families over for lunch and time together to celebrate Sofia. As you can see from the picture Sofia doesn't care for sweet things she did no eat the cake and just made faces when we tried to feed it to her.
It was a great time with family before leaving, thanks mom and dad for all of your hard work. Sofia will thank you later in life, she would not have had a party otherwise!
I was planing on updating with some more info but Sofia is all of the sudden stuck to my side constantly crying all day long. I'm not sure but it may be due to some change that has been going on lately!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Sofia's orange nose! Both of mine had it too.

Dana said...

Okay first of all has your mom aged at all???!!! She looks amazing and exactly the same from when I lived there in 97!

And second sad I never connected with you guys. I am heading back home this morning and then will be in LA one more week then am off to the beach! yay no more crazy wind!
So GLAD that I can keep up with you in Blog world I love it!

And so sad that Sofia doesn't like sweets...I will pray that she begins to love them:) Choc is so important for any growing girl:)

escamillaweddings said...

love the pic with everyone blowing the candle out. :)

and what's up with not liking sweet stuff??!?! i mean, sure...that's healthy and all but...doesn't sofia know that she's a girl? chocolate is mandatory!

jess mac said...

Happy Birthday Sofia. We miss you.