Sunday, January 20, 2008

So tired of boogs

That is what we call boogers in our home and I am so tired of seeing them all over my shirt and in kleenex all over the house. Our whole family has been sick for the last week and it is not fun. Sofia has not slept for the last 2 nights. She has had so many boogers she sounds like a rabid animal snorting around my room in the middle of the night! It just sucks for babies because you cannot give them cold medicine so they just have to suffer. They can't blow their noses you have to use the aspirator which no child enjoys.
The first night of her sickness Dan slept in the family room because he has a hacking cough and didn't want to keep us up. Sofia slept for a few hours until I came to bed at 11pm then she was snorting and uncomfortable. So we tried to sleep in bed but she was just a mess, and I began to go crazy from listening to boogers snort in and out for 3 hours. So I went to lay in the hallway but the dog thought this meant play time. So from 11pm to around 2am we were awake and miserable. I went downstairs at one point to suck the boogers out of Sofia's nose and Dan didn't even wake up over the crying and noise, he took Nyquil and didn't even know I came down there. Lucky dog! Around 2:30 Carol came in (she is visiting for the weekend) and took over and let me sleep which I was so thankful for. Last night we were only up for about 2 and 1/2 hours so it is getting better!
Anyway Dan is leading worship tonight and he sounds the worst out of all of us. Hopefully this week our boogers will clear up!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You may already have one, but if not, I hear cool mist humidifiers are magic for baby colds. Hope you all feel better soon!

jess mac said...

We love the humidifier. Also use Eucalyptus and Peppermint Essential oil on a rag in the crib. And rub the bottoms of their feet with baby vicks and have them wear socks to bed. It really works. We have colds too and I had to do church with both girls this weekend. Good times.