Saturday, February 16, 2008

my music vs. the kids music


So for Valentines Day Dan got me this C.D. which I love! Love the movie, love the music!
We went out to this really nice golf club and ate dinner with some new friends, it was great.
I have unfortunately not had this cd stuck in my head for the last week, I have had veggie tales ingrained in there instead. Zeke has recently been into this veggie tales juke box dvd, you pick all the songs you want to hear and it plays through them all like a juke box. Well we have been listening to it daily for more than a week!
Now I have to give it up to veggie tales they have catchy, funny songs. They make us all laugh. For example they have a song called the bellybutton song, where the veggies are dressed like the backstreet boys and sing lines like baby I gotta tell you somethin', I don't got a bellybutton. And they sing little tunes about Sport utility vehicles, cruisin to 7-11 for frito lays and kickin it in 4 wheel drive for a dozen eggs. Now this might not sound that funny, but the veggies are dressed like yuppies and driving pink and blue matching SUV's.
Anyway last night at 1am when I woke to visit the ladies room, I was singing in my head one of the tunes about a yodeling veterinarian! It has gone too far when all day these catchy tunes are in my head!
So I am going to work on getting some good music in my head! It is cute to watch Zeke giggle at these tunes, he has never been into veggie tales, but who wouldn't love to hear a cucumber sing about his lost hairbrush!
by the way Zeke is sick again, has had a fever on and off since yesterday, in the month and a half since we moved, he has been well for one week! ugh!

8 comments:

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

Sorry to hear of Zeke's illness....
Haha with the veggie tales- usually had my brains stuck on a rut on "where is my hairbrush" and "I love my lips" with Rachel and Jacob.... good times.

Melissa said...

We love veggie tales, Song of The Cebu is my favorite, right behind that is His Cheeseburger.

Annie said...

I still LOVE my Once soundtrack, it never gets old for me. Yay for fun new music to listen to!
Sorry to hear Zeke's sick again, those can be long days...

Hubs said...

I read "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" last week - thanks. Did you read "Thousand Splendid Suns"? I think I might have liked it better than Kite Runner. I just put your Lois Lowry recommendations on hold at the library. Do you like Juv.Fic too?

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! The week before the boys were listening to Veggie Tales in the car all week! Gavin loves the Pirates who don't do anything, surprise-surprise!! Other favorites are The Song of the Cebu and Where's my Hairbrush. But they crack up at all of them. I'm sorry to say I know almost all the words.
Sorry to hear Zeke is sick again, Conner has had a cough for about a week now and it just isn't going away. Love the winter months! :)

Sara Jones said...

We LOVE Veggie Tales! Even my third grade students giggle, though they pretend they're way too cool to watch the DVDs. Fun blog!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, we so know what you are talking about when it comes to ridiculous veggie tale songs! Is it ok for pastors to say "I hate those songs!!" ? Love to you and Dan!
Jim Bailey, Kansas City

Melissa said...

I just bought Once, thanks for recommending it, I love it!