Thursday, February 21, 2008

Every movie is bad

That is how Zeke feels right now, and it is so annoying! He is in this phase where he vehemently swears all movies are bad. The only movie he will watch is Cars. In class they showed a cartoon and he cried the whole time and sat on the teachers lap, at the gym last week they had cartoons quietly playing in the background and he cried, but refused to stop watching it!
We keep trying new movies and it is always a disaster! My parents got him Curious George for Christmas and we have made him watch it twice, most of the movie he laughs but some parts he covers his ears and yells at us, then afterwards says it was a bad movie and he didn't like it at all! So we decided to rent Ratatouille since we heard how cute it was. So as I am putting it on he is already crying and mad at me for making him stay downstairs. But that is the problem he won't even give it a chance! Of course one of the first scenes is an old lady shooting at the rats with her shot gun, and a million rats running through the gutters. He is already crying and covering his ears, good times. So we made it through but I missed 70% of it due to his yelling at me! I really hope someday soon we get over this phobia!
On a lighter note I have seen two movies lately which I enjoyed. Now you might say, "um Alyssa those movies have been out for awhile", I know this but I am a bit behind on movies!

We rented "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" and loved it, George Clooney's character was great, and his expressions were amazing.
Also "Becoming Jane" this was a girl movie that Dan kind of watched with me. He had just gotten a new phone so he was really doing that instead.
Anyway his comment half way through was sarcastically "oh I wonder how this will end, will they live happily ever after?" And I said well if it is true to Jane Austen's life then no Dan she won't! Anyway I will not spoil it if you have not seen it, it is great, but I LOVE period pieces and Jane Austen!
So this has been movies in the life of the Lances! Yes we are outdated, but that is what happens with kids!

3 comments:

Emily Faulknor said...

Alyssa, I saw Becoming Jane in the theater and I LOVED it!!! I love Jane Austen and I was so happy to hear that you do too. How fun!

Dana said...

Oh Alyssa that is no fun with Zeke...that makes me sad that movies are so horrible for him. I LOVED Ratatouille. This phase will be over soon...we hope!

I am in a movie rut if that makes you feel better. Right now it is rainy and windy in NZ and I am watching The Holiday once again. I just LOVE It. It makes me smile every time!

Have a fun Movie Watching week!

TheEpicBeat said...

Aggie went to see Penelope with us. The Pignose movie? It was really great and we didn't know much about it except that it was PG. Aggie really dug it and all was well except for about 2.4 seconds of what is supposed to be the fear in one of the character's mind about this "pig-girl" Scary Troll girl. Popping out of the dark. Freaking Scary. Like Horror Movie scary. The whole theater jumps and Aggie freezes...We're good parents.

Zeke may want to hold off on that one til college.