Saturday, November 29, 2008

givin' thanks





This thanksgiving was our first one all grown up! We have always gone to our families house for the thanksgiving meal, but this year we stayed here in Redding and started a new tradition.
We had 8 adults and 9 kids, still we were outnumbered!
Melissa, Gafners, Osbornes, and Christian.
We had yummy food, and played scattegories, there was much cheating going on, usually by Dan.
The kids did awesome they ran around outside for 5 hours and rarely got into any fights, it was amazing. We are pretty sure the kids thanksgiving meal only consisted of cupcakes and brownies, but hey it is only once a year right!
The only fiasco was saved by my mom. I forgot to take the bag of giblets out of the butt of the turkey! It was in the oven cooking when I got a text from my dad wishing us a happy thanksgiving, when I texted back, my mom just happened to say you checked both ends of the turkey right?...
Both ends, what!!!
So I had to take the 24 pound turkey back out of the oven, out of the oven bag and reach up there and get the bag, nasty.
Doing the turkey reminded me why I have thought of becoming a vegetarian. The fact that you have to pull the neck out and other insides, sick.
Anyway thanks mom for saving my turkey!
Thanks Sean for cutting the turkey and making yummy gravy!
All in all it was a great day.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I did the same thing with my first turkey!