Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Burrrrr


I just love Ann Taintor, these pics crack me up.


Today when I drove Zeke to school around 8:15am it was 38 degrees!!!
It is finally turning into winter weather! The kids are outside playing right now and it is cold, it is probably about 50 degrees and the sun is out, the kids don't care except they say their hands are cold!
I love this weather, I have beans soaking so I can make soup tomorrow for dinner!
Thanksgiving gave me the itch to cook again. I have to admit that ever since Moses was born I have been slacking off when it comes to cooking. Until last week Moses was only taking 20 minute naps like 3 times a day. Needless to say 20 min. doesn't allow me time to prepare a dinner!
Plus I was being lazy.
Anyway ever since cooking the 24 pound turkey I have also made enchiladas, (aunt lindy's yummy recipe), I baked chocolate chip bars, and tonight I am making a bean soup.
I have been using all the leftover turkey and it has been awesome!
It only took me 4 months to get back into the groove of my housewife duties! Thank goodness I have the best husband who never complains and says sure grilled cheese sounds great!
( I seriously have made grilled cheeses 500 times in the last few months!)

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love grilled cheese. It takes like five minutes, you always have bread and cheese handy and everybody likes it. I, too, have defaulted to grilled cheese quite often lately. That, and pancakes. Pancakes make a great dinner. And I haven't had anyone complain yet. ;)

Pearcia LaPointe said...

Ooo! I'd love some recipes for beans... we get them through WIC and I have to say I haven't the foggiest idea what to do with dried beans. My mom says to soak them, drain them, and then make soup... but that is all I have and I'm pretty sure bean water soup won't taste good! Care to share some yummy ideas? Thanks!