Wednesday, December 17, 2008

gifts



For the last few years we have been trying to do Christmas more simple. We have gradually become more and more simple as the years have gone on. We have never bought our kids Christmas presents, we usually just do stocking stuffers. They have always been young enough to not even notice! And we have family that loves to spoil them!
So this year so far I have spent nothing on them. I made them each hooded towels for after the bath. I did not even buy towels I used some we already had! I know kind of ghetto, but they turned out cute if you ask me!
Dan and I are getting each other one thing, he wanted a cd I want a new calendar. were easy!
We have made it really bare bones and I kind of like it. I have not gone out to the mall searching everywhere for gifts either. Our dear friends the Dunlaps have friends who own a Fair trade store in Oregon, so we had them buy us gifts for family members. I love that we can support other people in countries who have made these gifts themselves and it is their livelihood!
I usually love getting out in the craziness and shopping, but I also like this simple way as well.
Hopefully our kids will learn from example that they don't need lots of gifts!
It may take awhile since Zeke keeps asking why we don't have any gifts under the tree and when can he open up a gift!

4 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

The towels are adorable! Turned out great. And it's nice to know we're not the only ones going bare bones this year--like I mentioned at Moms Group, all Marty's getting for Christmas is a new, fun toothbrush and a pack of crayons. Cost us just a couple bucks. But it'll save all the spoiling for my family, and hopefully keep things in perspective!

Erica said...

My kids have these homemade towels. They are my favorite because they are so heavy duty. I have a hard time putting my babies in those little soft ones now. They are so much warmer and dryer after I get them out of the others.

Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.youlivehealth.com/item.php?group_id=55&id=6360

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://buy-cigarette-online.biz/