Monday, November 17, 2008

did you see...

Did anyone see Extreme home make over last night!?
It was amazing, I was crying like a baby throughout the whole show!
It was about this family who had 3 sons biologically then adopted 5 boys from Hati and 3 boys from their inner city. So they had 11 kids!!!!
They seemed so sweet and sincere and it was so exciting to see a family sacrifice in order for these kids to have a home. It made me want to adopt again, but then reality hit as I stood bouncing my crying 3 month old for the 2nd hour in a row. Maybe some day when I can get a grip on three crazy kids!
Anyway it made me think of so many people we know who have walked the road of adoption, and I am thankful that these stories are being told, maybe someone somewhere wants to adopt a child now, how awesome would that be!

5 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

Holly cried too...you both are such saps...but the whole Haitian thing was cool...so was that house...

Becky Moseley said...

I cried through the whole thing, too. It actually made me start thinking about wanting to adopt someday.

La Rodriga said...

Yes, I did cry and my husband laughed at me. It did initiate a talk about adoption, though, since we hope that's in our future.

I love how grateful the whole family was in this episode. It was refreshing.

Meghan said...

I heard about it...didn't see it. That just fuels my heart for adoption.
I just found out that my cousins (who have 2 girls by birth and 3 adopted girls from the Martial Islands) are adopting 3 more little boys and another little girl. All with handicaps. Blows me away when people sacrifice that much. I can't wait to adopt.

Leah said...

I didn't see the show, but Josh and I have talked about adopting before and when we met you guys and saw your kids, adoption became a final decision. Thanks for being such an inspiration!