Friday, July 4, 2008

why is it so quiet around here?

So Zeke left today for over a week! Dan's mom took him down to hang out with friends and family in So cal. He was excited up until this morning when it was time to go. then he said nope I am not going, I am staying here! He calmed down and was excited again 2 minutes later!
He has only been gone a few hours and it is already so weird.
He has more energy than anyone I know so the house is so quiet and still.
Sofia and Scarlet are going to be so bored.
They won't have to watch their backs constantly to make sure Zeke is not going to wrestle them to the ground!
We had a family nap time this morning, it was great. Sofia still takes morning naps and we got up early to get nana and Zeke to the airport so of course Dan and I took advantage and took a little snooze.
This week should be a good opportunity to get things ready for the baby, I have so much to do! One less kid and more nap time should allow me to get things done!
Or maybe the quiet will make me lazy and want to sleep all the time!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I am rooting for you to get lots of sleep so you can rest before that baby comes.

Unknown said...

I vote for sleep...you are going to need it!!!

Annie said...

I'm daydreaming about mid morning naps and quiet houses right now. You are living every mom's dream Alyssa! I'm sure Zeke is having a blast right now too and buying out the toy section of Target. Everyone's a winner here, love you!

Erica said...

Ava did the same thing right after Asher was born. She went three days earlier with Meg and Jeremy on vacation and then we met them there. At the last minute she said she didn't want to go and then she did go but it has taken me almost a full year to even get her to spend the night somewhere else.

Melissa said...

I was so shocked to see Zeke in Isabella's VBS class today. Enjoy your break!