Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Backfire


I bribed Zeke today and it has majorly backfired on me.
His fingernails and toenails were ridiculously long, they were like some of my girlfriends who grow their toenails long and paint them, they were freaking me out!
So I said I would put batteries in this hummer of his if he let me cut them!
I have been trying to cut them for the last 2 days and this bribe seemed like a good idea at the time.
So we got the nails cut but there was a very good reason why I had never before replaced these batteries!
It is a fire hummer and when you put new batteries in not only do lights flash (if only that were all!), but also this lady yells out All unites code 469, Avenue 63, then the siren goes off for like 10 seconds. And a guy yells back were on our way!!! Then the siren again!!!
And it is LOUD, and in the last 20 minutes I have heard that over and over again at least 100 times.
What was I thinking, that is what I get for bribing my kids!

7 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

I know that feeling. We started using a bottle to get Marty to sleep, and now he can't go to bed without it! It's one of the biggest no-nos, since he's over a year and should be off it by now. But it takes those couple times of bribing to start a bad habit. And now I'm kicking myself for just wanting a little peace and quiet.

MamaSue said...

Gotta love the loud, annoying toys, huh?

Someone gave Baylee a Big Bird toy that had some kind of light sensative gadget installed, so that when you covered his eyes, then took your hand away, he said "Peek A Boo!" in a very LOUD and decidedly creepy Big Bird voice. So one night we (Sarah & I) put it behind the toilet in the girls' bathroom, then we hid in my bedroom and giggled. Bethany came home from a date, turned on the bathroom light, and Big Bird yelled, "Peek A Boo!!" Bethany didn't think that was a all funny, but honestly, Sarah & I almost wet ourselves laughing!

By the way, you might need to cut Zeke's nails when he's asleep.

Shannon said...

who makes those toys??? It must be some moron who thinks he is being funny....I'll pray the batteries die!

Leah said...

What really gets me is that they make these toys with no volume control. It wouldn't be so bad if you could turn them down, but oh, no, they are so loud that parents go insane and then society wonders why parenting skills have gone out the window when really all we want is a little peace and quiet!

Melissa said...

Tape! We put a few pieces of heavy packing tape over the speaker, the kids never notice.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you all a "happy gotcha day", a little belated, but we were still in Almaty this time last year. Can you believe it's been a year already?!

Kara

Fleck, the Mrs. said...

I am laughing out loud right now! Like, laughing so hard there are tears!! Who makes these retarded toys anyway? Here's my question...Does Zeke like to press the button over and over so fast that the recording can't even finish, almost creating his own little robotic beat box of sorts? My ears are bleeding just thinking about it...oh, boys!