Sunday, July 27, 2008

The moby Wrap

So as I await the arrival of Moses one of the things I am working on is making a Moby Wrap. I am a lover of slings for my babies. Each one I have tried a different sling and I absolutely love carrying my babies around close to me. With Zeke my dear friend Jess told me about over the shoulder baby holders, which at the time was one of the only slings out there. Funny what has changed in 5 years, now there are like 50 different types of slings, which is great! Anyway Zeke did SO well in a sling, he was a preemie so he needed extra time to adjust to this crazy world, and I think being bundled up tight and close to us was so good for him. He was a colicky, crying baby and when he was in the sling life was good!
Sofia got jipped out of time in the sling since we didn't get her until she was 6 months, but that didn't stop me from using the sling all the time as soon as we got her from the orphanage! My friends went in together and got me a sloomb, which is like the sling I had for Zeke but cuter fabric! It is an easy one to wear your kid on your hip too. Which if I was not pregnant I would still do, I did it until my belly got in the way.
So tonight I worked on my Moby wrap, which you can easily buy online, but I opted to buy fabric and cut the dimensions. Jess constantly wore her daughter in it, and when we moved up to Redding Leah Caldwell had made herself one and was loving it, so I thought sure I will do that too!
But let me just say it is annoying laying that much fabric out to cut the dimensions!!
But I finished it and it is cute, I tried it out and it was not looking quite like the picture online, then I realized oh yeah, I still have this huge belly, maybe it will fit better when the baby is here!!
Anyway it made me excited to finally have him here and hold him!!
Hopefully it is soon!!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

That's so exciting that he's almost here! and that you made your own sling. I've tried to make my own clothes before, but i'm afraid i'm rather horrible at it!

Also, I'm going to simpson, so know that i'm always willing to babysit for you guys, if you ever need a break from your three kids! :D

-heathr calfee

Kara said...

For a few months now, I've been trying to decide if I should buy the Ergo carrier, or one of those framed hiking backpacks. Got a wrap from Woei's mom, but it's not that comfy. BTW, Sofia wore the same hat? I wanna see! When you have an extra minute to search for and send, that is. Maybe next year? :-) Seriously, anytime is fine.

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Sounds adorable, but HELLO, we need a pic! Of the wrap and your baby bump!

Becky Moseley said...

So so so excited for that little munchkin to join us!

Juliette said...

I bought my Moby Wrap online because I have no creative or crafty skill in me, so making it wasn't an option :) I love the idea of it but Ruby never took to it very well. I can't wait to see you walking around with your little guy all wrapped up :)

Dana said...

Alyssa...really? no picture at all!!!! I am dying to see what you made...

Can't wait to see you!!

Leah said...

I hope you love it as much as I did! When they get bigger, you can wear them on your back which is really nice, too.