Friday, July 11, 2008

my crazy week, so far...


This week has been anything but uneventful!
I think "oh Zeke is gone, it will be quiet", which it was in the noise sense, but otherwise it has been crazy.
We put our name in on a list for some apartments that usually take 6 months to a year, and not even a week later we get a call that one is available to us. We get all our paper work etc. in, it looks great and we start to freak out about moving. (at least I freaked out)
Then Monday evening I got really sick, I think I did it to myself. I drank some sweet tea from McDonald's that I am sure has 1 gallon of sugar in it! I did water it down, but when you also eat almost a half of a watermelon by yourself it is a bad combo.
So I was up all night cursing the indigestion and stomach ache that was haunting me.
All day Tuesday I felt horrible, thank you McDonalds.
Tuesday evening I had a bit of a break down, anxiety and stress over moving, missing my son, missing my family etc etc. Had a good cry, felt better.
Wednesday Dan and I sit down go over the pros and cons of moving, we come to the conclusion it is totally worth it to move, the money we will save alone is great! We feel good about the decision and start going through things in house doing a clean sweep.
Thursday I pack a few boxes not much, but continue to go through the house down sizing.
Thursday night we get home from our staff BBq and I am walking out the front door to take Scarlet for a potty trip and I bite it hard. I guess I tripped I don't know, I slid across the pavement on my side. I at least had a little bit of time to turn on my side and not fall on my stomach! Luckily Dan was there and he is so great under stress. I was starting to freak out and he is like your fine, you were close to the ground, you didn't fall too hard, everything is totally fine. I have a few scrapes up my arms, legs and booty but all in all I am ok. Moses was moving right after so that made me feel so much better.
Friday today, Dan gets a call that we did not get the apartment. He was so bummed, as was I. It is hard when you start planning and getting ready for something and then things change. So I guess God wants us to stay where we are for now and be content in that.
Needless to say this week has not been low on stress, anxiety or action.
I think I might take a nap today!

8 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

tossin up special prayers for you today!

Casey Angulo said...

Hang in there.

Annie said...

You're freaking kidding me!! So bummed for you guys. Emotional strain that results in nothing is always a blast. I hope you're able to turn your brain off a bit and don't do anything crazy like try to walk:) Miss you!

Unknown said...

praying for you...love you much. i fell when i was pregnant...it scares the bejongas out of you! i was walking the dog and some a-hole with a pit bull was walking by and mo freaked out and knocked me on my butt. i was so scared. i never walked him again after that....so make dan take the dog our from now on!!! :-)

Shannon said...

Ahhh Alyssa.....what a week what a week!!!
I am praying for you guys!

Dana said...

Oh Alyssa...isn't it so funny when you actually don't want to do something, then you gear all up for it and then it gets denied!! I hate that. I feel like I have had a couple of those here and it has been so hard, but it involves some people here so I can't even blog about it...but it has been a bummer..like tonight when the guy I finally i admitted I really liked came with the girl he is dating--I keep arranging great dates for them--I should work at a dating service!!!

I am glad that you aren't too hurt...and just for the record I would have been freaking out too!

Krista said...

Alyssa,
I LOVE this picture of your family! It is beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

Becky Moseley said...

Naps are good. I've found that laying down whenever Marty works wonders for my energy level and attitude.