Friday, June 13, 2008

endurance

So last week Dan and I were discussing giving birth and planning out how we wanted it to look, hopefully! When Dan commented on my lack of working out. It is true I have not worked out in months! Granted I go up and down stairs 50 times a day with 20 more pounds than I used to have , sometime 40 if I am carrying Sofia. Plus just keeping up with the kids all day. So I am not sitting on my butt all day, but I have not been purposeful about it either.
Dan was like don't you think you might want to work out more so you will have some endurance for childbirth?
huh? Interesting question which makes perfect sense and I had not thought of!!!
I really want a natural childbirth and I pray I will be strong enough for it, so I have been exercising every other day this week.
You may be thinking um isn't it a little late to start now, aren't you due soon?
Yes, yes I am, in two months actually!
But better late than never right!

3 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

You are a brave woman for wanting to have him naturally. I totally look up to you for that! Especially since after just an hour and a half of hard labor I was screaming for some drugs. I think Marty was hoping to get a few, too. I wasn't so much fun at the time.

We'll be praying for strength and endurance! I'm sure even two months of working out will help so so much.

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

I had two drug-free childbirths. First baby was 6 lbs 14 oz the next was 9 lbs 6 oz. This is my advise when it comes to childbirth: Have supportive people around you and don't beat yourself up no matter how it goes.

Josh H. said...

you guys are going to be jon and kate plus 8 pretty soon. just wait for those quintuplets!