Sunday, June 8, 2008

9 years (a couple of weeks ago)


Last night Dan got someone to watch the kids and surprised me by taking me out!
It was kind of for our anniversary that was a couple of weeks ago, we were a little busy when it came around.
We were going to go to dinner and a movie, but I am cheap and I said lets just do dinner since we have to pay for a sitter too! It is funny how much you take family for granted when you live around the corner and they can watch your kids almost anytime you need! (we miss you family!)
Anyway we went to Outback and tried something other than Steak since we are kind of going off red meat. I have never had anything other than steak there, but I got some chicken and rice with grilled vegetables that was delicious!!
And then Dan asked what I wanted to do and I said can we run some errands since we don't have the kids! I know what a date, but it is so much easier without the kids. The good thing is we can have fun anywhere together! We cruised around Kohls after returning some things and we each got a little something with the store credit!
As I write this I am realizing how old and married we are sounding! We have been married for 9 years, but Dan still makes me laugh more than anyone in the world and I love that he knows what I am going to say before it leaves my mouth. I love that we can laugh at each other and life, I love that we can still sit for hours and talk. I love the way he leads our family and pushes us all toward Jesus and loving like Jesus.
The funny thing is we have been together for almost half of my life, we dated for 5 years before we got married, so it has been 14 years with him!
I think that is amazing, I am so thankful for what a gift our marriage is.
Happy 9 years Dan, love you

6 comments:

Josh H. said...

both of you are two peas in pod. i can't believe it has been 9 years! congrats.

Brett and Emily said...

Aaaawwww, that is so sweet. Well, congratulations guys! I had no idea. I love watching your family, you are truly a gift to all of us here. :)

Anna said...

That's sweet. Congrats on 9 whole years! And btw I like your new layout, very fun and summery! :)

Unknown said...

9 years! Congrats. YOu guys are a wonderful couple. We love when we get to spend time with you. Jeff and I will 11 years this weekend...what in the world? hello, old people!!!

Shannon said...

You two are a great couple!!!

K.R.Brownlee said...

Congrats on 9 years.