Wednesday, May 7, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things(about vacation)

Sleeping in! We have been sleeping in until 9 or 9:30 everyday!!!!! It has been amazing

Alone time with Dan. It's like we are dating again, just the two of us having conversations uniterrupted!

Going to the movies! with kids we never get to go out to the movies we have seen 2 in the last 2 days!

Trader Joes! My mom gave us a gift card to TJ and we stocked up on favorites for our little kitchen. Yummy things like pesto bowls, and hummus and pita chips, dark chocolate bars, Lingon berry scones! Oh how i miss TJ!

Laying in the sun reading. This has not happened yet as the weather has been overcast and cold. But I have hope that tomorrow will be sunny and I can lay on the beach and read my book while tanning my super pasty white legs!

Just doing nothing. Having no plans. I always have a plan and it is nice to not think about it.

Reading a huge book without someone asking me a million questions! I have not sat down to read a book since January so it has been awesome!

Taking naps!

Eating out, we have spent like $30 so far! We eat breakfast and lunch at our time share then treat ourselves to dinner. But we have some gift cards that have been burning a whole in our pockets since CHristmas! So we are treating ourselves to fun places like Yard House and PF. Changs!

It is going by fast so I am trying my best to soak it all up!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, it sounds like you are having so much fun!!! I'm so happy for you that you are getting this much needed vacation!

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

sarah said...

I'm sooo with you on the TJs. I miss it and cannot wait until it's actually built. Ahhhhh, I can just taste the dark chocolate bars now...I'm living vicariously through you! Enjoy your sleep :)

Candace said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds crazy fabulous! I love all those things you are mentioning and it's making me want a vacation so bad! I'm really glad you are having such a great time.

I LOVE Trader Joe's too. I can't wait till it's in Redding.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.