Thursday, April 10, 2008

women's retreat

We had the first Women's retreat for the The Stirring last weekend and things were so crazy when I got back this is the first time I have had to debrief and mull over the weekend.
For me the retreat was amazing, it was so nice to have more than 5 minutes to talk with girls from church. It seems on Sundays my time is limited to really sit and talk with people because of my responsibilities as a mom. Which is one of my favorite jobs!
But to really hang out and laugh with other women was so nice for me. It has been hard for me to adjust and find my spot here in Redding. I know these things take time and I also know my role as mom and wife is priority, but it is hard to make new friends and new relationships.
The retreat was so awesome to just sit and meditate on God's word. I love that Jesus can use one word or one phrase and show me what things in my life I need to work through in order to become more like Him. I loved to worship with so many other women, the feeling of our hearts calling out to Jesus to meet us to change us. It was so what I needed and I am so thankful I could be a part of it.

5 comments:

Emily Branca said...

I had such a great time getting to know you a bit more. I know some of us (okay, mainly ME) might have been a little silly at times, but the weekend as a whole was so important. It was so fun just sitting and laughing with you and the other women. I think it was exactly what our Stirring women needed!

Anna said...

The retreat was great. Also I wanted to say thank you for remembering to pray for me. I know we have just gotten to know each other a little bit but I feel very blessed by you. :)

Emily Faulknor said...

Alyssa, I was so glad that you were my car buddy! I really love that you are a part of this family and you are my friend. I really want to hang out more. We should go photoging together! I would really love that! See you tomorrow night. You are a blessing!

Emily Branca said...

oh, and by the way... how's your iPod... or EE-Pod should I say... hahaha. I am still laughing about that one... silly silly me

Shannon said...

I am so glad you had that opportunity!! You're so amazing, we can't just keep you to ourselves :-)