Monday, April 14, 2008

Jesus plays basketball

I just love the mind of my almost 5 year old. This morning I was talking with him about what he learned at church last night, he told me there were some people who didn't have food so some other people gave them some. They were talking about Acts, I was glad he had soaked some of the lesson up, then he went on to say that he also learned Jesus played basketball and that in the summer when Jesus comes to the park downtown he will turn on the fans for us.
Thanks Nate!
On Saturday night we went to Pizza with the Edwardsons and then went to a grassy area where they do Marketfest on Thursday nights in the summer. There were these huge tall industrial Fans and Zeke really REALLY wanted to turn them on. We kept telling him that only people who work at the city can turn them on when it is really hot. But Nate decided to say that Jesus had to power to turn them on and to ask him! So of course Zeke has been talking about how this summer Jesus will come to this park and turn them on!
As far as Jesus playing basketball, the only thing I can come up with for that thought is that on the front cover of his little story a man is holding a basket of food that kind of looks like a basketball??? So of course he assumed Jesus feeds the hungry and plays a little b-ball as well!
I love how it all comes back to fans, even the Bible story and Jesus, everything comes back to his beloved fans!

3 comments:

Anna said...

That's so cute:).

Emily Branca said...

Oh man I was cracking up when I read this. Zeke is going to LOVE those fans during Marketfest. He'll never forget those fans.

Old Skool said...

If Jesus played basketball, he definitely would NOT play for the Pacers...