Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Visitors




In the last month we have had a lot of visitors come up to see us! Dan's mom came up last weekend and we flew kites twice which I think we adults may have enjoyed more than the kids! I didn't get too many pics of the first day where Carol could have seriously injured herself trying to get the kite up, but I think that is what Grandmas do, they just go for it in order to please the kids!
Our dear dear friends Steve & karen came up on Sunday and stayed with us for a few days and when they left today it made me miss them even more! It is always so fun to hang out and relax with friends you have known for so long. Friends you can talk about anything with and who make you laugh and who love your kids like they are their own. Zeke absolutely LOVES steve and Karen, they are like family to him and every morning he woke up and waited for them outside their room to get up! He got plenty of wrestle time in with Steve, and Karen of course read him books and the teacher in her played phonics games with him! Zeke also enjoys acting like their cat immojean, and Karen obliged by teaching him to purr and scratching him behind the ears. You know they are good friends when they indulge your kids in the weird games and acting they want to do!
I miss that feeling of friendship where you are truly known by your friends. I know we will always be great friends with them, it just sucks not having them down the street anymore.
We love you guys, thanks for good times... thankfully see ya soon!

5 comments:

Josh H. said...

i am jealous...although you did have to hang out with steve which is always an adventure :)

Shannon said...

Have you and Danielle hung out yet?? I love reading your blogs!

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Hey, great picture of all of us. You are so talented! (hint--can you email me a copy?) We love you!

Dana said...

Oh man I love those reconnecting times.... When I head to Redding it is a constant state of just being known. It really is the best feeling in the world...I am glad you had that last week. And it made me miss Steve and Karen a lot too

Dana said...

Oh man I love those reconnecting times.... When I head to Redding it is a constant state of just being known. It really is the best feeling in the world...I am glad you had that last week. And it made me miss Steve and Karen a lot too