Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Can you please hold?

I am sitting on hold with my bank...again. It seems like every week I sit on hold for something that I need to fix or change, my Dr office, my health insurance, the bank, the phone company, the credit card company, and the list goes on. Since moving it seems like there is always something I have to switch or a wrong charge etc. Seriously our phone bill has never been this high, we only have our cell phones so it is adding up! I feel like i need to get one of those really cool ear piece phones that important people have, so I won't have a neck ache. Can't you just see me wandering around the house doing housework while wearing an ear piece! I am pretty sure it won't happen but it is a funny picture.
I am trying to have patience but the bank girl just came back for the 3rd time without an answer to my question. Aghhh!
Anyway I have no patience or organization for this part of my housewife duties! Luckily my kids are happily playing, usually when I am on the phone it is some kind of hidden cue to act like animals and go running and screaming through the house! Yay for those rare moments when they are content and don't need my attention for longer than 2 minutes!
This blog has no point except to complain about being on the phone!

5 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

I feel your pain. When we moved up here from Fresno, there were so many things I had to call and talk to people about. It was even worse when Marty got laid off and we had to deal with health insurance issues. Keep plugging, though, and don't let anyone talk down to you. It always helps to cry a little bit--they move a lot faster to solve your problem when tears are involved. Ha ha.

Anna said...

I dread doing stuff like that! I have zero patience for people on the phone. The thing that really gets me going though are the automated services, I'm like "give me a freakin' person to talk to!!!" My biggest advise is to not ever get Charter anything, they have THEE WORST customer service people and they usually just end up making your situation worse and your anger go through the roof! Good luck! :)

P.S. on a totally unrelated topic, you should read my blog about Sunday. I wrote about you. :)

Annie said...

I think you could totally rock the ear piece.
The boys are screaming and I ate six rice krispy treats on Tuesday, big ones.

Jeff Yoder said...

Hi...it is Les. I agree that mom on the phone = animalistic behavior from children. You are not alone! You should totally get an ear piece...you would be "power mom" or people will think you are nuts because it looks like you are talking to yourself. Miss you!

An Unlikely Retirement said...

It's amazing - like some creepy radar sense. My kids can be outside, or in the farthest part of our apartment. I'll pick up my phone, dial quietly, say hello - and instantly both my kids are there! Making noise, tormenting each other, asking questions of me that are absolutely silly and could wait five minutes! And Anna - I'm with you on Charter.