Thursday, December 27, 2007

it's been awhile

Since we have been misplaced for about a month now it has been really hard for me to blog! We have no routine or sense of normalcy so my time just does not go to bloggin!
Since Dan has been back we have been so busy with sickness and family get togethers and trying to wrap up all the details of life in Riverside. Our Christmas was great, this was the first Christmas where Zeke anticipated the day and what it would bring. Sadly he knew presents were coming and for about a week before he would ask if it was Christmas yet and if Santa was going to bring him a Christmas hummer. And yes Santa brought 2 of them! Anyway our families blessed us so much, and we are grateful for our time with them.
The time is coming closer when we will be leaving for our trek up to Redding and it is starting to set in. I got sad when we were at my parents house during Christmas just realizing I won't see my mom and dad every week and I won't just go hang out at my parents house whenever I want to. My sister and I won't live around the corner from each other anymore & Zeke won't be able to hang out with his cousins ever week. Little things like that are starting to set in and they are things I have not thought about until the past few days.
So it is with mixed emotions that we wait to leave, we are anxious to start new and get into life in Redding but we are so sad to leave our families and friends and a life that has been everything we've known for so so long.
Hope your Christmas was a great time with family! Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments: