Thursday, December 13, 2007

sick baby


It has been awhile since I have had a sick baby and I forget how much attention and care is needed when your little one is not up to par. Sofia has had a fever and sore throat for about 3 or 4 days now. It is so sad when they are in such pain, she was not eating or even wanting to drink her bottle for almost a day because it hurt her so bad to swallow. Her fever finally went down yesterday and we seem to be on the mend, thank goodness!
I have a blog friend Amanda who has been caring for her daughter who had a huge surgery and they were in the hospital for weeks and now home care for weeks, I do not know how she does it all, I am so amazed by her great attitude and the love this family has given to their new daughter. Thank the lord that they brought her into their family and have gone through so much pain and effort to help their daughter heal!
I am so thankful to be at my parents house because they are helping me so much, my mom after a long day at work comes home and instantly helps me take care of the kids. Sofia just loves my mom and my mom is spoiling her with rocking and holding time! So this is why my blog has gone so long without posts. By the time the kids are in bed and asleep I end up falling asleep on the couch watching a Christmas movie with my parents, (who also fall asleep nightly on the couch!)
Anyway this has been my life this last week so nothing else has been accomplished! I think it is ok sometimes to not get things done, only sometimes!

2 comments:

MamaSue said...

at least her socks are in tact. She'd look dumb in Cameron's saggy old boy socks!

Nathan, Amanda, Violet and Anara said...

The big stuff is different because you gear up for it and have so much reinforcement. It's still awful when the girls get colds with fevers and drainage.