Friday, September 12, 2008

Master Zeke


If you don't know my son, (the older one) then you might not know how creative he is. He loves to take things apart and put them back together. Or take things apart and make new things out of the parts. We have gotten used to this and know that many things in our house are in pieces, but for the most part it is Zeke's toys and things that see the wrath of his imagination.
A couple of days ago he informs me that he made something and he wanted me to see it. I was nursing Moses so I said I would in a minute, I said but why don't you tell me about it until I can see it. So he explains that he found some ribbon, cut it up and taped it to his little table fan and when he turns it on the ribbons blow and it looks so cool!
So the day went on and we forgot to go check it out, until it was bed time.
I happen to see his cool invention and think to myself those ribbons look familiar what are they from?
It just so happens he cut up one of my shirts to use the ribbons! The ribbons were literally part of my shirt and tied in the back. He found scissors and just started cutting my shirt up for his creation!
I was so dumbfounded, thinking how could he have thought that it was ok to cut up an actual piece of clothing!!!! His response was oh sorry mama I didn't know!
Anyway I had to throw the shirt away since it was cut up!
I guess that is the price I pay for a little mind that wants to create!

5 comments:

Rebecca Gafner said...

my mouth is literally on the ground!! HE CUT UP YOUR SHIRT!! THat is hilarious!! I am speechless.....

Candace said...

What a good mom you are for not getting angry and yelling at him. I love that you encouraged his creativity even though he cut up your shirt. Except I'm sure you will make sure he doesn't continue to cut up all your clothes! Ha ha! That is so funny.

Becky Moseley said...

Note to self--keep all my clothing under lock and key.

Annie said...

Stunning, it's got to go down in his baby journal! You'll proudly be sharing these stories when his genius is recognized one day.

Erica said...

Was the fan cool? He looks like he is in highschool in this picture. It makes him look a lot older. Funny