Saturday, May 28, 2011

now and then



Twelve years ago today I got married!!
Sometimes it feels so long ago and then sometimes I remember the smallest detail of that day. Like waiting to go down the aisle and my dad and I just looking at each other tears starting to emerge because there is so much joy and some saddness at him loosing his baby. I remember being so nervous I said to Chove and cherish instead of love and cherish!
I remember feeling so overwhelmed by the amount of love that surrounded us, I remember being exhausted and just wanting to sleep for days!
Such a great day!
What I find most amazing is that 12 years later I am even more happy than I was on that day. I know it sounds cheesy but it is so true how marriage gets better with each year, I think because we start to be less selfish, we grow so much over each year, we start to figure life out. We start to pay attention to the details.
And am I the only one who thinks Dan has gotten so much hotter than when we got married??! He looks so great in the recent picture!
Anyway Happy Anniversary Dan, you make everyday even better than the last, I am so thankful we get to live this life together.

2 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Man I love you guys. And I think you're both hotties with naughty bodies. Did I just say that? Yes I did.

hapi said...

Hi Alyssa, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog