Friday, September 30, 2011

She's Crafty




(The title should be sung to the tune of the Beastie Boys :)

Oh. My. Goodness. That's what my Sofia says about anything and everything that is unbelievable!
And I think it is unbelievable that it has been this many months since I have blogged!!!
There are so many things that I could talk about. Stories about the kids, new schools, stitches and trips to the ER, summer trips etc. And maybe my next blog will be one of my many catch up on life blogs.
But for now I will show you what I've been working on.
Whenever my parents come up I put them to work helping me make something! So since their last visit I am still craftin' it up as much as possible!
This is the first time in years that I have a smidgen of time to put toward this thing I love to do!
Ive been making some headbands that I love to wear myself and Sofia also enjoys rocking them to Pre-school.
The little nightstand my parents and I brought back to life, it was falling apart and we resuscitated it quite nicely I think.
And the old spice rack that I painted coral is going to be a place for Sofia's little jewelry/hair bows/trinkets. I'm still not sold on the knobs, I had these amazing metal ones that someone stole from my driveway where they were drying :/
So there are just a few of my restorations as of late. I am LOVING it and hoping I can keep carving out time to do it!

1 comment:

Christina Ellis said...

These are gorgeous! Great work, friend!

PS: Anytime I say the word crafty in front of Scott, he sings that Beastie Boys song. :)