Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We made it home!

Some highlights from my day of travel alone with my three crazy kids!

*Getting to the airport 2 hours early and keeping my 3 kids contained in one area.
*Sofia getting into EVERYTHING, she handed an old lady a chip off the ground and Carol's wallet.
*Boarding the plane and Zeke insisting on carrying an open bowl of rice, because the 2 hours he had to eat it before boarding were not enough time. He refused to carry his backpack, he thought since I had Moses, a diaper bag and Sofia to manage that I should also be fine carrying his backpack.
*Moses falling asleep after take off (that was amazing!)
*The guy next to me across the aisle being bald and covered in tattoos! Moses stared and smiled his big tooth grin at him the ENTIRE time!!
*My kids actually sitting and behaving well on the plane!!!
*Getting off the plane, forgetting Sofia's lovey, trying to keep Sofia from going into each row as the annoyed people behind us wait for me to try to steer her, while carrying Mo and 2 bags.
* Sofia going into the cockpit!
*Nice strangers helping me put Sofia in her stroller, and helping me carrying my luggage.
* Taking 3 kids and bags into a bathroom stall, and holding Moses in my baby hawk while trying to pee. Did I mention Zeke opened the stall door while this was happening?
* Getting my kids contained in the car and finally driving home!

We made it and it really went so smooth compared to what could have happened!
Thanks for praying for us, and thank goodness for the kindness of strangers!

4 comments:

rev rock said...

so proud of you babe...you're my hero! I miss you guys already. Love you.

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

oh, Alyss, I'm still waiting for you to write a book about all of your crazy adventures! I'm so glad it went "smoothly." love to you!

Unknown said...

I think you guys could have your own TV show!!! Glad things went well.

Kim Day said...

Alyssa, I don'y know how you do it!! I had to read this out loud to Jason because it was so freaking hilarious. I just love your kids :)