Thursday, August 7, 2008

The waiting game


I always heard the end of the pregnancy is so hard, you get tired and uncomfortable and just want to be done. I feel those things but even more so I am just ready to meet my baby!!!
It has been about 2 days of contractions and they never progress into anything. It gets frustrating, but I know this is part of the process of having a baby!
Went to the Dr. today, she wanted me to have a non-stress test to check on the baby.
Everything was great, Moses is doing terrific, I am so thankful for this!!
Some of the circumstances made her want to possibly induce me today, but we decided against it. I really want to go into labor naturally if possible.
My contractions are 2 to 4 minutes apart but mild, so we are waiting it out and hoping that in the next day or two he will be ready to make his entrance!
So until then we wait...
My mom comes into town tonight, which I am so thankful for, I will feel so much better knowing she is here with the kids, the less trauma for them the better!
Anyway if you think of us pray for us! We will keep you posted!

9 comments:

Casey Angulo said...

Good idea on waiting it out (if you can). The delivery will go so much better if you don't have to be induced. Hang in there. :)
-Casey

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! If you can avoid being induced, that's great. I imagine that it is a much better experience if you go through it without pitocin (but I haven't had the pleasure). Good luck and we'll pray for you for sure.
Jaime

Anonymous said...

I am praying and praying...im so excited for you guys! hope it all goes well...
cant wait to hear all about it...hugs!

Juliette said...

Have you thought about natural induction methods? Castor oil or using the breastpump etc.? He'll come soon and it will be great!

escamillaweddings said...

oh i can't wait to see him!
i love you and miss you!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

we are praying for you. waiting is so hard. but, before you know it, it will all be over.

i have a gift for you....i don't want to ruin the surprise, but it reminds of your little graphic at the top of this blog. can't wait to send it to you with a gift for moses.

much love to you!

La Rodriga said...

Mike and I are praying for you guys!
Remember when you encouraged me at the end of my pregnancy when I was just ready for Audrey to come out? I do. You recommended some good books to me too, but I know that watching Sophi and Zeke probably fill your days a little more than mine were.
The anxious feelings are sooo normal, but it sounds like he's coming soon. And, believe me...you'll know when it's time and you'll do great :)

Jason said...

Jaime and I went through this with both Kids, hang in there God will work it out in his time. I know it is hard on you and Dan, but God has his plan that is always better then ours. We will be praying for you.

trisha loves to paint said...

i wonder if baby moses will come before i leave for singapore so i can meet him!