Thursday, August 28, 2008

still alive

I am still alive, barely it feels like sometimes.
Things are so crazy at our house and with church. Dan and I are only getting a few hours of sleep at night, this has been 2 and a half weeks of lack of sleep. It starts to catch up with you. Dan said he fell asleep at the stop light tonight coming home. That's safe.
There are few moments of quiet in the house, even when Zeke and Sofia go to bed, that is when Moses is up and loud. It is hard not to feel stressed and exhausted.
I feel like all I do is feed the kids, and nurse moses.
I got a clogged milk duct and I hear it is from stress and lack of sleep. My lactation consultant said I need to sleep more. I told her I would love that but it is probably not gonna happen!
Today I feel better, and I am thankful for that. Although I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I think I look 5 years older all of the sudden. Bummer.
Anyway just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive and we are surviving.
It has to get easier, right!

11 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

praying for little moses to go to SLEEP!!!
:)

love you!

Anonymous said...

praying for you and remember that God never gives you anything you can not handle!

Heather said...

Let me babysit for you sometime this weekend or week! Or I can just take zeke and sofia out if that might be easier? I'll be praying for you both. :D

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Love you, praying for you.

Becky Moseley said...

But you don't ACTUALLY look five years older. You looked amazing tonight at Beckie's and now I wish I had told you in person.

Lack of sleep seems to agree with you, my dear.

Hubs said...

Oh man, at least with the 1st one you can sleep when they sleep. Isn't it amazing that nursing is a full-time job. If you are nursing 8-12 times per day and if nursing takes you as long as it did me - that's at least 8 hours of nursing. On top of all the other stuff. I know this isn't a new idea, but are there any DVD's that can babysit while you and Moses nap? Hopefully the clogged milk duct goes away - OUCH! I remember joking that Vi's 1st solid food was scabs (seriously scabs because the 1st 6 weeks were awful). I will pray for you.
Amanda

Unknown said...

it will get easier. i am praying for you. i remember i felt like i aged 5 years after i had aksel. you will bounce back though. and, once moses sleeps for like 5 or 6 hours straight... you will feel like a new woman. these days don't last forever...they just feel like they do. talk about laying down your life for someone. taking care of a newborn is a huge act of service. keep up the good work.

love you. praying for you.

La Rodriga said...

Alyssa,
Having a baby brings a person to a new level of tired, that is for sure. Nursing itself produces a hormone that makes us sleepy! I'm trusting God with that decision because I don't get it.

Anyhow, you are doing all of this with 2 other children to care for. That is a big job. Give yourself a lot of grace and take advantage of other peoples offers to help or call Annette and have her watch the kiddos while you sleep :)

Even though you might feel like you're just trying to survive...these days will pass...Moses will begin to go longer between feedings...the other kids will adjust to having Moses in the picture...and you will get some sleep. I pray this happens sooner than later. I feel ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I empathize with you on the clogged milk duct--Ouch!! It's so awesome that you are pushing through it. I'm praying for a break for your boobs.
-Jaime

Shannon said...

Ship all the kids to boston with me for the weekend so you two can sleep! REDDING PEOPLE go help the Lances out :-)

Leah said...

Alyssa, I wish I was there to help. Caleb was exactly like that as a baby, never slept and it was exhausting enough without having other children, school, etc! Try, try to let everything but the absolutely essential go; Moses will eventually figure it all out and sleep will return! But it's not worth losing your health or sanity in the meantime!!