Wednesday, February 9, 2011

taking a sick day

Don't you wish you could take a sick day when your a mom?
Yesterday morning got up bright and early and went for my 4 mile run with my friend Emily. I had a great run, felt good the whole time, then I got home took a shower and felt terrible! Achey, freezing, sneezing, head feeling like it could explode at any minute! I'm not sure what happened, but I still feel terrible today.
Back in the day I could lay around drinking tea, watching chick flicks and falling in and out of consciousness all day till I felt better.
But for some odd reason my 3 kids don't think this is a good idea.
So I am still serving snacks and meals, pretending to be the hulk as Moses beats up his superheros. I still have to help do homework and change diapers, I still have to find barbies missing shoe, and clean up the juice Moses poured all over the coffee table.
In short I have not laid or even sat on the couch yet today even though that is all I want to do!!
But I am holding out hope for a nap, if all goes well I might have 45 minutes! I love being a mom, its just a bummer there is no sick day card I can pull out!

3 comments:

Emily Branca said...

Friend! So sorry you're sick!! I hope the coffee helped... Next time I'll come and relieve you for a minute so you can nap :)

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Amen, sista. Word.

Annie said...

I wish I had known Alyssa, I would've collected your three lovelies for a couple hours so you could nap. You put on a good show when I saw you:)