Wednesday, June 3, 2009

graduation!






So today Zeke graduated from kindergarten!!
What in the world I cannot believe how fast time goes by! He is so big and somewhat grown up! Whenever I get overwhelmed at the calamity that is life and my kids are not listening I think back to when Zeke was 2 and life was literally insane! My sweet six year old gave us a run for our money all the time. We always joked that he was in the terrible two phase from age 1 until age 4!
Those close to us I am sure remember some incidents!
But today watching him cross the stage with his shirt tucked in (he didn't go to school that way), I was so proud of how far he has come and what he has learned and accomplished in his little life.
He has an amazing talent of looking at things from a different perspective, seeing something in a way we never would have if it were not for him. Everything is new and he wants to learn how it works and I am constantly learning from him.
He has so much passion for the things he loves, fans lights, bikes!
I am constantly realizing how huge my role is as his mom, to help shape him and steer him toward Jesus, I long for his passion to be for the heart of God.
All this to say that today was awesome, I have a 1st grader now!
And man are my kids cute or what!

3 comments:

Leah said...

It seems time moves faster when they start school or maybe that's just me. Congratulations, Zeke!

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

What the heck! This post totally made me tear up. That kid got big quick (and so did Sof and Moses!)! Oh, I love you Lances and miss you more than I can possibly express.

Kari Q. said...

man your kids are cute! :) they are all getting so big, Moses looks like a little man! So glad you had a wonderful day! Miss you guys.