Thursday, June 25, 2009

camping







Last weekend we went camping at Siskyou (sp??) Lake with the Gafners. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!
We were amazed by the constant beauty all around us, trees, water, Mt. Shasta right in our faces! The weather was perfect and we had so much fun!
We went on bike rides, caught butterflies by the water, swam in the really cold water, went on a boat ride, and ate yummy camping food.
It was a great camping trip.
In about 2 years it will be even better because the babies will be older.
We didn't get much sleep but when do you ever camping with a 10 month old!
Sofia was in her element, dirt everywhere, snacks all around, and friends to laugh with, she had a blast!
Zeke was in heaven with bikes and scooters all around, he would have slept on the bikes if he could!
Moses didn't sleep but what is new right, he did ok, next year will be awesome with him!!
Anyway it was a blast, thanks Gafners for making it a great weekend!

3 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Yea for new pictures! I was just thinking about you...I'm glad that your summer is going well so far and that Redding isn't too blazing hot yet. I can't believe how big Moses is (I'm pretty sure I say that every time I see his pic)!

Pearcia LaPointe said...

how fun! I love camping but I'm terrified to take elliot. I'm certain he'll walk off into the woods and be lost forever. He has NO tether back to us... he'll just keep walking down the road. Crazy kid. Way to keep up "normal" life with babies!

Erica said...

I am so glad that you guys got to have some get away time. Looks like you had so much fun.