Saturday, May 16, 2009

things I want to do this summer

Some old summer photos ( we didn't take many pics last year!)

First of all I can't believe it is so hot already!! It felt like 80 degrees this morning at 7:30!!
There is so much I want to do this summer, so many projects!! I don't know why I think I will have more time than normal in the summer, I think it will be the opposite with 3 kids home all day!!!
Anywhoo here are some things I want to do and get done:
* My garden!! I was hoping to get dirt and plant today but now it is Monday!
*Clothes line in the back yard, don't know where yet but I've got to get it going soon!
*Hanging shelves in my bedroom
* Art piece I have been working on for a month already!
*Finishing my bedroom, we started this project when my parents came in Feb. and I have had no time to devote to it!
*Finishing my quilt (this could take me forever)
*Being more consistent with cloth diapers
*POTTY TRAINING! (yikes I am so tired of 2 kids in diapers)
*Going to the lake
*Going to the Farmers market
*Going camping!
*Going on vacation with my family to Indiana! (lake house, so fun!)

I think I must still view summer as if I were in school and it is vacation, free time, time to do whatever I want. But really I am 31 now and it is just like the rest of the year, but I am going to act like it is fun free time and hope I do all the things on my list!
Happy Summer!

2 comments:

Rebecca Gafner said...

Uhhhhh, what about going swimming at your friends' house!! wheres that on your list?? mmmm hmmm.....

Pearcia LaPointe said...

One thing that helps with pottytraining when life is crazy is an egg timer. Set it for an hour, and when it goes off, have them sit on the toilet. Sometimes they go, sometimes not. We tried sticking Elliot's hand in warm water but it didn't work. (Don't know why it works and slumber parties then.) He thought it was neat when we went potty together. After they stay dry for the hour and get that they are supposed to do something when they sit on the potty, take the timer to 1.5 and so on. Elliot is great now, diapers only at naps and at least once a week his diapers are dry when he gets up. Good luck with your plans! I'll see you at the farmers market!