Thursday, February 19, 2009

annoyed

I am kind of annoyed about the peanut butter recall. First of all annoyed with myself because I never watch the news and so I found out about it when Sean Gafner mentioned it. We gave them some peanut butter and he asked if it was going to poison them.
I kind of freaked out because Zeke eats Peanut butter and jelly everyday of his life! And the kids and I love Clif bars and we eat them all the time!
So I went through all my peanut butter and got rid of the off brand jars I had. ( I have a stock pile from WIC) Luckily I mostly have Jiff which is still good.
But I went through my cliff bars and I have like 12 bars I have to get rid of!!!
That is a lot of money! Those things are expensive!! I have been eating them ever since I got pregnant and then with nursing, because I am always hungry and they are a good snack.
Except when there is salmonella in them...
Anyway I am annoyed that I have to throw away like $10 worth of food.

2 comments:

Pearcia LaPointe said...

I didn't know the peanut butter this reached out here. I thought it was only for the distributions on the East coast! I'll have to look that up and see if I need to off our WIC pb too. If it is a recall, can't you take the Clif bars to the store and exchange them? Just a thought. See you later sista.

Juliette said...

Yeah, I was going to say something similar to Pearcia. we had a whole box of Clif bars from Costco and they actually sent a letter saying we could get a refund for them. But of course I forget the box when I went to Costco and haven't done it yet. But I bet you could get a refund on them - I bet Walmart would do it.