Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 3 of the cleanse

I'm not gonna lie, this cleanse has not been easy!
There have only been a few times that I am really hungry, but what's harder than that is training myself to avoid this desire to snack. I don't snack a lot, but I am home all day with nothing but fruits and vegetables to eat.
Making the kids lunch has proven to be harder than usual. I was so tempted by crusts of old bread and left over snacks. Just because I couldn't have them I really wanted them!! But I am proud of myself for sticking with it. Although today at lunch eating a bowl full of lettuce, spinach, kale and veggies, was no longer enjoyable.
I have tried some new things that have been surprisingly good!
I made Roasted root soup last night, actually quite good!
I was gonna make a huge salad again tonight but I just can't do it. Think I'm gonna make butternut squash soup, with a salad. Then for a evening snack Dan and I have been enjoying various juice combos!
The bummer thing is I don't really feel any different!!
I'm still tired all day, bummer.
Oh well at least I tried it...right?

1 comment:

Emily Branca said...

That's right! Good job! Way to go! You made it 2 days longer than I did... no will power here.
P.S. I'm excited to see you're back to blogging! Hooray!
And only 1 more day of your cleanse :)