Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did that just happen?


If you want to get really stressed and undo all the relaxtion just accomplished from vacation, then just head on over to Winco with your three kids!
That's what I did this afternoon!
The shopping part went fine, the check out was a different story. First of all using WIC coupons is always more work, worth it of course, but more work. Then as I am trying to pay, the cashier accidentally does something wrong and has to call over a manager. While this is happening I have been scolding and trying to contain my kids and bag the groceries! Zeke is somewhat helping, Sofia is just grabbing stuff on the counter and tossing them into the cart, Moses is taking those things and putting them back onto the conveyer belt. All the while Zeke is pushing the button to move the belt so that bread is crushed and the milk is falling on top of eggs.
Finally the cashier gets it worked out and I go back to pay, when I turn to look back Moses is standing in the cart on top of a box of cherrios and is holding an egg. Sofia is eating my granola through the plastic bag, literally just gnawing on the bag.
Who are you kids I ask!
As we are driving out I say to them that they really need to be big helpers when we are at the store. Zeke informs that he is always helping me with things. For example he says he helps me drive safely by telling me to slow down and stop at red lights. He says he also helps me remember not to say bad words like hate and oh crap.
This is true he keeps me in check!
At least it wasn't hailing when we were putting groceries in the car!, oh wait it was.

8 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Oh man, I laughed throughout this entire post. I love your blog. It's like a movie in my brain. :)

La Rodriga said...

Thank you, thank you for posting that. It will make all of my future trips to WinCo seem that much better.
Oh my, I was cracking up as I read that because I can relate all too well.
Classic :)

Emily Branca said...

Amazing. You had me cracking up through the entire blog. What really got me was picturing Sof chewing on a plastic bag of granola.... so great. Next time you go, give me a call! I'll help ya out :)

Annette said...

I love envisioning Moses standing on the cheerios holding a single egg:) You have the BEST stories!

Sarah said...

oh my word..I'm laughing so hard...ugh winco..nothing normal and good ever happens at winco:)
but seriously..so funny..sof chewing through bags and moses holding an egg...sorry it was a bit stressful, but thank you for sharing.

Kari Q. said...

What is hilarious as I read this post is I can envision the whole thing clear as day, because each one of those things (aside for the child standing on the cherrios with an egg in hand) has happened to me in the various horrific Winco trips I've taken! I would just like to say thank you for giving the fellow moms of the world encouragement to know that they are not alone as they shop the aisles of Winco with 1,2, or 3 children and then get to the end to bag groceries and all hell breaks loose! I too have left Winco in tears Alyssa, you are not alone!

Ali Lipski said...

AH! Alyssa. Drop your kids off with me next time you need to go. Seriously. You DONT have to take them with you!!
Its so hard when they are all trying to "help" and you try to be appreciative, but still tell them NO! I feel for ya!

Christina Ellis said...

Oh my goodness...I can picture it all and I couldn't help but crack up...sorry Alyssa.
It does make me feel a little bit better to know that I'm not the only one with a crazy kid at the grocery store. Thanks for sharing! :-D