Tuesday, August 25, 2009

bananas!!!!


I adore my kids but some days they just drive me bananas!!
Ever since we returned from vacation I have had a hard time getting motivated. I miss my family and we just kind of jumped right back into everything here, with school and church, all good things just busy. So all last week I had such a hard time getting things accomplished, well today I finally felt inspired to really clean my house and I did! I worked so hard mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms, picking up.
This afternoon a few things have happened to undo my hard work.
First Zeke found a poop nugget on the bathroom floor. No one is fessing up to it and it could be Zeke, Sofia, Moses or the dog!!
Then this afternoon when we were outside Sofia got absolutely covered in mud, Zeke turned the hose on the dirt and Sofia literally laid in it. It was a mess, so I brought her inside where I put her in the tub to scrub all the dirt off. She is mad and yelling, mud all over my floor!! Ugh!
Then I turn around to find Moses playing in the toilet!!
He is helping me with chores by scrubbing the toilet with a hair brush!!!
There is toilet water all over the floor, (luckily it was flushed).
It was unbelievable, all I could do was pound my fist in the air and say you guys are driving me bananas!!!
Life with kids, never a dull moment.

7 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

I always always always love your stories. Keep 'em coming, mama!

Annie said...

UNREAL! I'm smiling right now in empathy and also b/c it's just a great story:)

Leah said...

Don't you just hate it when you're trying to clean up one kid's mess and another kid goes off and does something else that needs cleaned up??? It happens to me all the time. Argggghhhh!

Kari Q. said...

I love how as moms we always preface our stories about the kids driving us nuts with "I love/adore my kids but..." Oh the joys of cleaning a house with kids. The clean house lasts for the 30 minutes maybe after you are done and then you might as well forget about the idea of a clean house altogether!

Hubs said...

Today I managed to make all three kids cry at the same time. It was a beautiful symphony of screams. I just plugged my ears and rocked ;)

Jessica said...

Hey Alyssa, this is slightly random but I am friends with Casey and you an I went to Poly together. Anyway, what was the name of the tattoo parlor/tattoo guy that you went to in Pasadena? My niece is going to get some ink and I remembered your pieces and how amazing they are. Thanks for your help!

Alyssa said...

Hey Jessica
My tattoos were done by Sid at Sid's tattoo parlor in Santa Ana. But he is usually booked pretty far in advance so she might want to call and see!