Saturday, July 25, 2009

yummy morning


I love the Farmers market and I love WIC.
Every summer (well the last 2 since I have gotten WIC) they have vouchers for us to go to the farmers market and spend $20 for fruits and veggies! It is amazing, I am so grateful for this little perk!
Today the kids and I went and used our vouchers! Dan had a meeting so we braved it alone, Sofia in the stroller, Moses in the baby hawk, and Zeke helping me push the stroller over the gravel!
We got peaches, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, green bell peppers, green beans, corn, and 2 different kinds of squash! All for FREE!
I am so excited!!
I think WIC is such a great program, I never had to look into any extra help until we moved to Redding, and it is so cool to see all the great programs they have for women and children in Shasta county.
It is hard sometimes to use the vouchers in the grocery store, when I happen to go anywhere other than Winco. People seem to stare and huff in impatience, but it is worth it when I see the benefit and money we save for our family!
So yay for WIC and yay for farmers market!

3 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

I love WIC, too! A couple girlfriends and I hit the farmers' market together, and had so much fun picking out all our free produce. Too bad Meemo wouldn't eat any of it...

Unknown said...

It's really sad that people treat you so poorly when you pull out your vouchers. As if the extra 3 seconds it takes to do this is such a burden to them.

Leah said...

I love WIC, too, it has been such a blessing for us!!