Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shadows


I've been noticing lately that I am never alone, I always have at least one little shadow following me. Today when I was doing an exercise video, all 3 got their own work out balls and stood very close to me doing every move I did. Daily when I go to the bathroom, I have at least one little person up in my business, helping me flush, often offering to help me wipe as well. Someone lets me know when I am driving too fast, when I made lunch the wrong way, they also remind me to not take too long at any particular job concerning them. These little shadows like to remind me when I am not working fast enough as well, Zeke asked me a couple of nights ago what was for dinner. I said I don't know I am gonna go cook something up, I sat there talking to Dan for a minute longer, Zeke stopped his playing turned and looked at me and said, it sure doesn't look like your cooking anything up. He also informed me that I had not done a good job cleaning up the playroom that same evening.
Amazing
This morning when I was gonna get up to have some quiet time, my shadow was already laying across me, pulling my hair and whispering very loudly to "git up mama, I hugry!"
Even though I was super tired this morning, having all 3 of my shadows cuddle in bed with me is so sweet, I love getting kneed and kicked every morning before I am ordered to hurry up and serve them!

1 comment:

Mike Berk said...

Hey Alyssa! I was thinking of you guys this morning because we're celebrating 3 years with our little Kyrgyz ball of fire. Congrats to you guys on a great little family. I hope you and Dan are doing well.