Friday, November 20, 2009

Radio

I have had the same 5 c.d.'s in my car for the past year, not exaggerating here. So lately I have been really bored with my music selection, and I always forget to grab new c.d.'s or grab my ipod. So yesterday I thought, well I have lived here for 2 years now maybe I should set some stations on my car radio. I dislike the radio very much, there is never a station that plays good music consistently, so I don't turn it on unless it is am talk radio. So as I was cruising along doing my radio search I came upon 94.7 Power fm (enough said right). But surprisingly that is the one I am listening to. What is happening to me!! But as I searched around all I could find was Christian stations, (not that this is bad, its just not what I want to jam to in the car) or classic rock. Now I must admit it made my preset stations only because they were playing Def Leppard and it took me back to Jr. High when my sister got the cassette tape and we rocked out to Pour some sugar on me after school! But next thing I know they were playing Nickelback or some other band I just can't handle. So I keep switching back and forth between serious hair band guitar solos and Jay Z. And let's face it Jay Z makes a ride in the car much more enjoyable! So until a station gets it together and can play a good mix of U2, Jimmy Eat World, Coldplay, Get up kids etc., well then I guess me and Rihanna are gonna be friends!

6 comments:

Rebecca Gafner said...

We should petition this to the City, really we should. there's a serious problem with the radio selections. I am so irritated with it on a daily basis. I always end up landing on POWER 94, but its just sad that thats the only thing half decent out there thats not klove or oldies....I'm with you tho. Grandmas car only has a tape player (please, no comments)...so radio it is.

Sarah said...

haha this post made me laugh..I loathe Redding's radio stations..seriously..riahnna, jayz, some other random song that no knows, then its back to rhianna again..bleh!
here's to hoping for some decent continuous play...sigh.

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Seriously! Why do we not have an alternative station around here?

Krista said...

Ugh! I remember Redding radio! Terrible! Especially when you grow up in the LA market with every type of music you could ask for.

Emily Branca said...

it's either 101.7 or 107.1 but this station plays a nice little collection of music... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Shannon Pirie said...

This made me laugh! I bet you're great at the Alicia Keys Part for Jay-Z's new song!